We're hiring! Job opening: Production Manager
The Azure Furniture Company is looking for a self-motivated, experienced Production Manager, who
- wants to be part of a fast growing company,
- manages the production team and the whole production process in an efficient, team-oriented way,
- understands the importance of clear, positive and respectful communication,
- performs the work with attention to details.
We manufacture furniture for the residential, office, and hospitality markets. We use regional, sustainable wood sources for hard- and softwood. In our designs, we go back to the essence of good furniture: impeccable craftsmanship, quality materials and timeless design.
The right candidate for this role, with strong experience in wood manufacturing processes, will work closely with the President and company team to drive the profitable growth of the company and strengthen the image of reliability and quality products with customers. He/She is ready to manage the team of craftsmen to best execute the workload and develop the team members. He/she must be drug free and have a clean criminal record.
This position is located in Denver, Colorado, and will report directly to the President.
Schedule: 7:00am - 4:00pm Monday-Friday.
When you apply, let us know what makes you a good fit for this position in The Azure Furniture Company, and what excites you about our industry. We are an equal opportunity employer and will consider every qualified applicant.
High School diploma or GED required, Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Min. four (4) years of experience in wood furniture manufacturing required.
Min. three (3) years in a supervisory/lead role required.
Allowed to work in the United States.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan, organize and control all steps required to reliably deliver all products as ordered including activities for procurement, manufacturing, and maintenance.
- Lead the team of craftsmen to achieve the safe completion of the customer’s orders. Manage the activities in the workshop for safe and reliable execution. Support skill development and optimize productivity for each team member.
- Manage production scheduling of the company’s projects.
- Manage the procurement process for all materials and supplies, including material and components for products, hardware, consumables and shop supply materials and customer order components from outside partners.
- Create and read all workshop and construction blueprint drawings.
- Plan and supervise installation processes.
- Manage equipment maintenance, ensuring machinery and tooling are working properly with minimal downtime.
- Support team of craftsmen by performing woodworking processes.
- Constantly re-evaluate the company’s production processes and machines to optimize for efficiency.
- Ensure the competency in woodworking operations and cross-training of production employees.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Leadership - Develops and motivates team members with the result of achieving the planned results.
- Planning/ organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently and develops realistic action plans.
- Woodworking - Understands the processes to convert wood with natural imperfections into high-quality furniture in an efficient, economic way
- Safety and security—Implements safety and security procedures and actively leads employees to consistently observe them. Uses equipment and materials properly. Uses system to improve safety regularly.
- Flexibility - Demonstrates ability to prioritize, manage and schedule in a fast paced environment to meet objectives. Ability to work flexible hours to meet the demands of the business.
- Problem Solving - Demonstrates logical reasoning and creative, thoughtful insights when developing efficient solutions.
- Oral communication/ Interpersonal skills - speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations demonstrating leadership, gaining commitment and buy-in.
- Written Communication - Expresses facts, plans, expectations clearly in written text while building and maintaining positive relationships.
- Computer Skills - Works efficiently with Microsoft Office, Quickbooks, CAD (Sketchup), planning software.
- Project Management - Ability to manage and lead multiple, complex projects with limited supervision.
- Dependability - performs work reliably, responds to suggestions with the goal to achieve the best result for the business, and solicits feedback to improve performance.
Compensation: Base Salary $65,000 to $80,000 plus Bonus
If you are interested and qualified, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com (no phone calls please).