We're hiring! Job opening: Senior Woodworking Craftsman
The Azure Furniture Company is looking for a self-motivated, experienced Senior Woodworking Craftsman, who wants to produce fine quality furniture, understands the importance of clear, positive and respectful communication, and works with attention to details of material. This is the opportunity to be a key team member for a local furniture company making unique custom furniture for residential and commercial customers.
The right candidate for this role has the passion for and experience in woodworking and fine furniture. He/she is a team player and satisfies both high quality and high productivity demands. He/she must be drug free and have a clean criminal record.
This position will report directly to the Production Manager.
Schedule: 7:00am - 3:30pm Monday-Friday with occasional overtime.
If you are interested and qualified, reply with your cover letter and resume. Let us know what makes you a good fit for The Azure Furniture Company, and what excites you about our industry. No phone calls please.
We are an equal opportunity employer and will consider every qualified applicant.
High school diploma or GED required.
Min. 4 years experience as a craftsman in a woodworking shop manufacturing fine furniture
Allowed to work in the United States.
- Produce high quality custom furniture and wood products from workshop drawings and sketches.
- Work in the team of craftsmen in all steps of the process: Material transport and unloading, all manufacturing steps from first cutting to finishing and final assembly, and delivery to customers (warehouse, office or home)
- Ensure correct form and fit for every order that goes through production
- Perform regular shop maintenance. Help as member of the team to keep the shop safe, organized and clean
Competencies and Capabilities:
- Woodworking: Able to safely, efficiently and reliably operate standard woodworking machines after initial machine specific training. Able to perform manual woodworking using various hand tools to create wood furniture and products as designed.
- Wood knowledge: Able to identify different common wood types and work with them according to their properties.
- Physical Fitness: Able to perform manual small and large scale woodworking operations for a full workday. Ability to lift 75 lbs.
- Written communication: Able to extract necessary information from workshop drawings and sketches, and to write clear work instructions for team members.
- Oral Communication: Capable of communicating with a wide variety of people in a positive way in multiple kinds of situations.
- Team Orientation: While skilled to perform woodworking operations independently and efficiently, demonstrates cooperation with team members to achieve efficient workflow.
- Safety: Ability to safely perform manual lifting and manufacturing operations. Ability to safely operate woodworking machinery.
- Personal attitude: Demonstrates a positive attitude and dependable personality with a high ability to learn and adapt.
- Driving: Valid driver’s license and clean driving record. Able to drive the company box truck.
Compensation: $19 to $23/hour
If you are interested and qualified, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org (no phone calls please).